"Helping our Leaders of Tomorrow"
S. Delois Mayes Scholarship Foundation
- Applications will be available on December 1st each year and must be completed and submitted by February 1st the following year.
- A selection committee will review all applications received by the February 1st deadline.
- Selections will be made by April 1st.
- All Applicants will be notified by May 1st.
The S. Delois Mayes General Scholarship is $2,000.00. Additional scholarships may be awarded each year. The amount(s) may vary based on contributions and fundraising.
In order to apply for the S. Delois Mayes Scholarship, you must be a high school senior currently attending one of the three public high schools in the city of Suffolk, Virginia. Students applying for this scholarship may apply to any accredited college or university and major in any subject.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 at the time of the application.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement on perseverance and the importance of education (minimum of 300 words).
- Applicants must submit a statement about the cost of education.
- Applicants must submit a letter of recommendation.