S. Delois Mayes Scholarship Foundation
The Rosie Ellis-Fields Scholarship is $1,000.00. This scholarship was established in January 2016, by the S. Delois Mayes Scholarship Foundation as a memorial to Rosie Ellis-Fields, an exceptional woman who passed away on January 6, 2016, from complications of Lupus.
In order to apply for the Rosie Ellis Fields Scholarship, you must be a high school senior currently attending one of the three public high schools in Suffolk, Virginia. Students applying for this scholarship may apply to any accredited college or university and must major in the healthcare field.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 at the time of the application.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement on your motivation to pursue a career in the healthcare field (minimum of 300 words).
- Applicants must submit a statement about the cost of education.
- Applicants must submit a letter of recommendation.
- Applications will be available on December 1st each year and must be completed and submitted by February 1st the following year.
- A selection committee will review all applications received by the February 1st deadline.
- Selections will be made by April 1st.
- All Applicants will be notified by May 1st.